Following a flood, it is critical to dry water-damaged properties and contents as promptly as possible. Before, water damage restoration contractors had few options available to them if performing water damage restoration. Equipment was limited in its accessibility, variety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Subsequently, of course, it was necessary to put in fresh materials, paint, etc. The result was a lengthy period of disruption to the occupants and additional expenses for insurance companies. Due to modern equipment, we can fully restore water damaged possessions and materials with minimal intrusion.
A number of the newest drying technologies comprise:
- LGR Dehumidifiers — Using LGR Dehumidifiers, technicians can reduce the relative humidity to as low as 10%. These tools can eliminate up to 16 gallons of water from the air every day. Older dehumidifiers were able to reduce the humidity to just 40%, removing about five gallons of water daily. This disparity represents a huge improvement in efficiency, leading to faster drying times — 24 to 48 hours rather than four or more times with older equipment.
- Desiccants — At the right setting, recovery professionals will turn to a desiccant dehumidifier. Desiccants release a very warm and dry atmosphere (5 percent relative humidity and 110 degrees F) into humid places, eliminating moisture. They utilize silica gel to absorb humidity in the air. Desiccants operate very effectively, even if the environment is below freezing.
- Intra-wall Drying — Within this process, baseboards are eliminated, and tiny holes have been drilled through walls near the bottom. Technicians then push air into the pit behind the wall. This radically reduces drying time for the wall, frequently to less than half of what it might take to wash it by additional methods. The driven air system also works for particular forms of insulation, again eliminating the need to eliminate drywall to gain access. This system is especially appropriate when water damage originates from over the affected area. In many cases, it’s the only way to effectively save the walls.
- Rescue Mat Systems — Now’s powerful water extraction equipment is far more effective at removing moisture than simple vacuum units, a common practice in times past. Rescue mat systems may extract water out of hardwood floors efficiently, leaving the inherent mat somewhat moist but not wet.
Other benefits of utilizing advanced drying tools
- Lower expenses — Wet carpet, pad, and drywall may frequently be completely restored and do not need replacement. This leads to lower prices for the loss, and it allows the occupants to go back to their regular lives considerably sooner with far less disturbance. Additionally, modern technology can prevent the costs related to older methods, such as turning removing or back carpet; removing, discarding, and replacing the mat; replacing the brand new carpeting, or relaying the aged.
- Preventing mold — This helps alleviate potential health problems, such as respiratory distress and allergic reactions, which fungal contamination can lead to. Additionally, mold can weaken structural substances, such as drywall and timber framing, to the point that they must be substituted. Using advanced dehumidification systems eliminates moisture and thus helps prevent mold growth. With minimal, if any moisture present, mold, and mildew either do not start or perish very quickly.
- Other benefits — of removing moisture include the prevention of irreversible swelling in porous materials, such as wood and paper; shrinkage in some fabrics, such as upholstery and curtains; rust occurring on metals like doorknobs and hinges; and damage to electronic equipment that could occur with high levels of humidity.
Professional disaster restorers have also improved
Most importantly in a scenario dealing with water damage is the way successful professionals happen to be. That means your house will return to its original condition more quickly, minimizing all associated expenses and inconvenience.
If you’re looking for water damage restoration near me for water damage caused by storms and flooding, as well as smoke, fire, and mold remediation services, call your regional PuroClean South Portland office.